- Church Santa Maria della Scala
in San Fedele Milan
In 1566 the Jesuits, founded by San Carlo Borromeo, selected the church to there’s s, which was the headquarters of the Jesuits in Lombardy until 1763.
The correct name of the church is "Santa Maria della Scala in San Fedele". When the church of Santa Maria della Scala was destroyed the objects that were found in the church of San Fedele, got a new place. In consequence, the church became a sanctuary for the ballet dancers of La Scala.
Mozart conducted in the church of San Fedele in 1771 the concert "Cantata della Passione".
In front of church, in the center of the square San Fedele there is a monument of the famous novelist Alessandro Manzoni, a work by Francesco Barzaghi (1883).
Visits Church San Fedele
Piazza San Fedele (View on the map)
- 7.30a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- 4.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.