Fashion and Designers - Shopping in Milan
Milan is Fashion, Milan is Style
- Creative window in the shopping streets
This becomes obvious when one moves in the center of fashion capital.
Stylish dressed men in tailored made suits of fine fabric traverse sporty and rushed the roads on the way to the bank with a short stop for an espresso at the bar.
Elegant ladies with well maintained hairstyles and amazing handbags walk erect in small groups through the shopping streets.
The young slim girls chic and contemporary dressed move e skilfully on their high heels (stilettos).
Shopping streets in Milan
- Shopping mall Via Dante
Shopping malls in downtown
In Via Dante and Corso Vittorio Emanuele, between the Castello Sforzesco, Piazza del Duomo to Piazza San Babila, there are plenty of shops of the famous fashion brands. Teeing there continue through the Galleria San Carlo and Galleria Passarella.
Young Fashion in Milan you can buy best in Via Torino and Corso Buenos Aires. In these streets, there are both, the young international fashion brands such as H&M and the Italian chains represent such as Nara Camicie and Intimissimi.
In between you will find bars and Gelaterie for the small appetite and thirsty.
- Opposite the cathedral: La Rinascente shopping temple
In the Brera district, which is predominantly pedestrian area, you will find beautiful jewelery shops, small boutiques and artists handmade fashion.
Other major shopping areas are distributed all over the city:
- Corso Garibaldi and Corso Como
- Corso Magenta, Corso Vercelli, Via Marghera
- Corso Buenos Aires Corso Venezia to Loreto
- Corso 22 Marzo Piazza Cinque giornate to Via Mameli
- Corso San Gottardo Piazza 24 Maggio to Via Pavia
Department Stores in Milan
- La Rinascente in Piazza Duomo
- Italian Coin Department Store. COIN located in Piazza giornate 5, 1 / A, Viale Monza 1 / Piazzale Loreto and Corso Vercelli, 30-32, Piazza Cantore, 12
- UPIM (Unico Prezzo Italiano Milano)
In 1928, the first department store was opened with unit price in Italy in Verona. From clothes, to household items to toys and sweets, everything was sold at 1,2,3,4 lira.
- Shopping temple La Rinascente
UPIM department stores:
- UPIM POP MILANO CORVETTO, Via Polesine, 39
- MILANO FARINI, Via C. Farini, 79/81
- MILANO LORETO, Piazzale Loreto, 5
- OUTLET MILANO PREALPI, Via Masolino da Panicale, 7
- MILANO FRATTINI, Piazza Frattini, 4
- UPIM POP MILANO CORSO BUENOS AIRES, Corso Buenos Aires, 21
Concept stores are the latest hit and a shopping experience of a special kind.
- Concept Store 10 Corso Como
- 10 Corso Como: first Concept Store in Milan
- Luxury Concept Store Excelsior in Galleria del Corso: In a disused cinema houses on 7 floors a high-tech electronics store, a peep show in the cinema, fashion designer and specialties department. The designer Jean Nouvel operates with splashes of color on gray.
- Dondup Casa Milano via Sirtori, 34: Concept store for ladies and men's fashion brand Dondup
1. Floor restaurant Mimmi
- BTicino concept store: "experience space" via Messina 38: Areas for live, working and living were established by the architects Migliore + Servetto in the BTicino concept store.
- Viktor&Rolf concept store n30, Via della Siga 30: Fashion, Beauty and Art with a cocktail.
- PUMA concept store Corso Buenos Aires Milano: Sporting articles sportswear, leisure, shoes and accessories
- Direct sales and outlets in Milan and surroundings
Shopping experts find cheap designer fashion in the factory outlets that exist in northern Italy. Bargain hunters find deals of the previous season at last minute price.
Particularly in and around Milan there is a large number of designer outlets, some of them even in the city center.
Over the past years, designer outlet centers have arisen, especially in northern Italy, where the famous Italian designer fashion brands are represented.
Join a day or half day tour to an outlet center, so you can spend a whole day's shopping.
The best period for shopping and Sale
The best shopping months are in spring and autumn. Every July, in Milan start summer sales. After the holidays in January, the winter sale starts. In December, most shops are open on Sundays.
- Sales in Milan, good addresses for bargain hunters
August is the unfavorable month for a shopping trip, because there are many shops closed, especially in the outskirts.
Sales in Milan
The beginning of the summer and Winter Sale differs from region to region.
In Milan, the sale begins as follows:
Beginning of summer Sale in Milan is always the first Saturday in July
Beginning of the winter sales is always the first Saturday in January
Opening times and holidays in Milan