Opening times in Milan
- Window shopping in the fashion district
The normal opening times for Milan (subject to change):
Mondays: 03:00 pm - 07.30 pm, Some shops are closed on Monday mornings
Tuesdays-Saturdays: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm
Some little shops have a lunch break from 12:30 pm -03:30 pm
The majority of shops still close on Sunday, but the shops in the center of Milan around the cathedral square are continuously open and more and more retail shops and department stores stay open on Sundays.
Official holidays in Italy
On the following public holidays the shops in Milan are closed:
- New Year 1st January
- Epiphany 6th January
- Easter Sunday
- Liberation Day 25th April
- 1st May Labour Day
- Republic holiday 2nd June
- Assumption Day 15th August
- All Saints' Day 1st November
- St. Ambrose (Milan only) 7th December
- Immaculate Conception 8th December
- Christmas Day 25th and 26th of December.
Some outlet centers are also open on holidays, except Easter Sunday, Assumption Day 15th August and Christmas Day 25th December.
- Summer and Winter Sales
- Summer Sales in Italy: Start of summer sale is always the first Saturday in the month of July
- Winter Sales: After the holidays (holy three kings) from the 7th in January
- In December, most shops are open on Sundays continuously.
Information are subject to change, the exact dates are fixed on short term and apply only to Milan and province. Each region defines the sales itself.